Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Women in Horror Month Feature: Sèphera Girón


Throughout February, ChiZine Publications is celebrating Women in Horror Month (http://www.womeninhorrormonth.com/) by profiling female authors and our staff.




Sèphera Girón has books published in horror, erotica, romance, and non-fiction under several different names. When she's not writing, she's a professional tarot reader and loves to go on paranormal investigations. Find out more about her at: http://www.sepheragiron.com













 How did you get started with your writing?

I was a precocious kid who loved to read. My parents were teachers so I learned to read and write long before I ever went to school. Once I realized I could tell my own stories, I never stopped.

How would you describe your writing?
Dark, strange, twisting, humorous, sarcastic, unflinching

Who are your influences?
Original fairy tales, Stephen King, Clive Barker, Mary Shelley, Sylvia Plath, Virginia Wolf, it goes on. I was a huge bookworm growing up.

Why do you write horror?
I write stories. I tend to have naturally dark sensibilities and it emerges in my work. I blame my Spanish heritage with all those bullfights, Goya, Picasso, the Inquisition, etc.

Horror's top creature features: who would you date, marry and kill?
Maybe I'd date Pinhead for a while and have some SM fun in the pits of hell then escape before he tears my soul apart. I'd marry the Creature from the Black Lagoon. I think he'd treat me well and he'd always be off swimming so I could write. I love swimming too so we could have adventures.  I'd have to kill Jigsaw.

***




Ms. Giron has a delightfully disturbing knack for taking ordinary people who would be our neighbors, waitresses, and grocery clerks and exposing their emotional frailties to us in an ant-farm fashion. 
–C.D. Winters



 








Buy the print edition of The Witch's Field Here!
Buy the ebook edition of The Witch's Field Here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment